Sunday morning we got up and after breakfast headed out to the ferry terminal to get on the ferry to go to Victoria, B.C. We headed to check in to our “bed and breakfast” through airbnb. We had found a studio apt so that my parents could stay overnight with us.  We headed to dinner, I had made arrangements for mom and I to have high tea at The Fairmont Empress.

Nick and Dad headed to dinner at Spinnakers Brewery. We also found out that the next day was B.C. Day in the celebration of their becoming a province, so there was special events throughout the city for the holiday.  We found out about Symphony Splash which was the Victoria, B.C. symphony on a barge playing for downtown. The evening ended with fireworks which was great since we didn’t get to see any for forth of July. 

Monday we got up and after making breakfast said goodbye to mom and dad for them to get on the ferry back to WA.  We headed to town to find something to do for the day, knowing that it was a holiday and most things would potentially be closed. We walked through the oldest China town in North America, then headed to Beacon Hill park, or what we thought was the park.  While taking a bathroom break we ran into my parents who didn’t make the ferry, so we walked around to Fisherman’s Warf for some fish and chips at Barb’s. They advertise they are world famous, but we were NOT impressed. Then we wandered along the Seawall along the rocks, it was fun but then got tired, so headed back to downtown. We went to get coffee and sit for a while then decided to try to go back and find the park which we found a live concert going on. We sat for a while the went to sit along the seaside to watch the sunset.  We then walked back and had a bit to eat and tried the beer at Swan’s Pub which also had live music and fun dancing to watch.


Tuesday we got up and went to the local coffee shop for breakfast.  We headed out with plans to visit Vancouver Island Brewery and Phillips Brewery with lunch in between at Dim Sum in China Town. Nick enjoyed Vancouver Island Brewery and we conversed with a very friendly local who was on his second day of working there. We then wandered around a bit but then also sat for a while in the plaza with some coffee. When it started to sprinkle we decided to go for dinner early at a recommended place called Ferris’ Grill. It was yummy seafood. We had phenomenal seafood chowder and Nick thoroughly enjoyed his oyster pasta. It rained really hard while we were eating dinner then it slowed to a sprinkle while we jogged home. We got back home and finished our bottle of wine from the local Church and State Winery and did laundry to move to Vancouver the next day.

Wednesday we went to a different local coffee shop down the street then walked around the bay area. We then cooked the rest of the food for breakfast, packed up, checked out and headed to the final brewery: Moon Under Water Brewery. We got there right as they were opening and Nick ordered the flight to try their best beers.  Since we were the only ones there we got to chat with the owner and beer master quite a bit, which was fun. We then headed to the bus station to board our bus for Vancouver.  The “tour” we purchased included a bus ride to the ferry terminal, ferry across the Bay, and a bus ride to downtown Vancouver.